Pesky Recipes is one year old! I can hardly believe it! I’ve had so much fun developing my recipes, photographing and blogging about them, and the feedback I’ve received from friends, family and complete strangers has been overwhelming. I have felt so welcomed by the blogging community and I’m still thrilled to bits whenever someone tells me they’ve tried one of my recipes. It has been an amazing experience so far, and one I will definitely be continuing in 2020.
To thank you all for the support, the comments and the likes over the last 12 months, here’s a drink on me (well, the recipe, you have to buy your own ingredients)
This is such an easy recipe which makes a delicious Mojito with a sweet but tangy berry flavour. You don’t need any fancy equipment or ingredients, and for a party you can make up the mix in a large jug and people can help themselves, topping up with lemonade, soda water, or tonic, whichever takes their fancy.
I harvested the blackberries from my garden and surrounding hedgerows back in autumn, washed them, let them dry and kept them in an airtight container in the freezer. I did the same with the raspberries after buying a reduced punnet from the supermarket. The lime juice and rum defrosts them just enough to crush, but they still chill the mix slightly which is lovely. I recommend you do the same, or buy a bag of frozen mixed berries from the supermarket and pick out a handful at a time, experimenting with different berries.
This recipe is for 1 cocktail. Just multiply the ingredients up to make more than one.
- 6 blackberries (+ 1 to garnish)
- 3 raspberries (+ 1 to garnish)
- 1 large sprig of mint (+ a small one to garnish)
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- The juice of one lime
- 60mls of white rum
- Lemonade / soda water
- Place the 6 blackberries, 3 raspberries, the large sprig of mint, sugar, lime juice and rum into a shaker (or a clean jar with a well fitting lid like I did)
- Crush the berries and bruise the mint with a mudler or spoon, then put the lid on tightly and shake for a minute until well combined:
- Half fill a tall glass with ice and the mint and berry garnishes.
- Sieve the mojito mix into the glass and top up with lemonade or soda water:
- Serve Pesky style – with a tacky umbrella and a paper straw.
Cheers everyone! Here’s to year two!
If you liked this recipe, you may also like: