This is a favourite weekend breakfast for me – a fat slice of crusty bread, lightly toasted, with Smashed Avocado slathered on it, topped with a veggie sausage pattie or a slice of cheese and a runny fried egg. Heaven!
The Smashed Avocado recipe is vegan, so of course, serve it with whatever you like – fried tomatoes, mushrooms or veggie sausages. Or, if you’re a Pesci or a meat eater, serve with smoked salmon, or even with chicken or fish for a nice lunch. I also like it in a wrap with Cajun spiced veg. There are loads of ways to serve it. It takes about 5mins to make, and tastes divine!
Ready in 5mins – serves 1.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of finely diced red onions
- 1 teaspoon of good quality olive oil
- A good pinch of salt and pepper
- Insert a knife into the avocado until you feel the stone. Keeping the tip of the knife on the stone, run the knife around the avocado so you cut it in half. Remove the knife, and holding each side of the cut avocado in each hand, twist in opposite directions to separate each half.
- Run a knife (not a sharp one) around the stone to remove it, then scoop all the flesh out of the avocado skin and mash it up in a bowl.
- Discard the stone and skins.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl with the Avocado flesh, and mix well with a fork, crushing up any large chunks of avocado.
- And that’s it. Use straight away, however you like.
If you liked this recipe, you may also like:
Sausage And Bean Breakfast Wrap