It’s my birthday today! Hooray! So I’m celebrating with a really simple cocktail recipe that will make you think of lemon groves and Italian sunshine – just what we all need after the year we’ve had so far. So dig out the Limoncello from the back of the cupboard, put your sunglasses on and say ciao to your troubles, we’re celebrating. Salute!
- 2 slices of lemon
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 1 part Limoncello
- 2 parts Prosecco
- Put the sugar onto a flat saucer or small plate.
- Run one of the lemon slices around the rim of your glass. – Pic 1
- Dunk the glass in the sugar to create a lemony, sugared rim. – Pic 2 & Pic 3
- Fill the glass, 1 third of the way up with Limoncello and top it up with Prosecco. – Pic 4
- Cut a small slit into the other lemon slice and push it onto the edge of the glass.
- Take a sip, close your eyes and think of Italy.
If you like this recipe, you may also like: